Thread: Tamiya TRF415
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2006, 10:30 PM
Jack2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bender
@F1 Larry

For example: I have often been told that if the car gets more roll at the front, then it will have more steering. My experience has been the complete opposite - so if someone suggests that as something to try, then I would rather try another suggestion first, one that might be more likely to work for me.
What I have found with adjusting roll centre, front or rear, is it really depends on the rest of the car's setup. Many other factors seem to affect how valuable adjusting the roll centre is in certain situations.

I have found that adjusting the car to roll more at the front sometimes will work very well, it will seem to load up the front end very well and the car will be very quick and will behave well. On other occasions, different setup, tires etc, I have made the same adjustment and it just seemed to delay the steering and when the car did decide to turn, it turned like a battleship. Once the front RC was raised, the car reacted much faster, seemed a lot "sharper" in the turns and just turned better all round.

So depending on the balance and overall setup on the rest of the car, in my opinion, seems to play a huge part on what the adjustment will do. Especially when adjusting RC.