R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Scythe" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 02-25-2006, 05:27 PM
Joel Lagace
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bender
At the risk of being flamed, can I ask those who are selling this car to PLEASE make it more affordable, for your own sake.

Virtually all modern TC's offer very similar performance, so the decision of "what to buy" often comes down to parts support and team support.

The inherent risk any racer faces is that if they choose a less well-known brand, then they are essentially on their own with regards to set-up etc.

IMO, it is difficult to tempt drivers away from the typical XRAy, Tamiya, Corally etc cars without offering them an incentive to do so- and often that incentive can simply be a much better price

Price can often be the deciding factor, especially when quality is of a similar level.

This car looks good, and in particular it's impressive that they've managed to move the layshaft assembly to the middle of the car whilst still having the cells close to the centre-line of the chassis, something that neither Tamiya (TA05), or Kyosho (new TC) have been able to do.

What is needed is an agressive price structure that tempts drivers away from the "traditional" brands.

I believe this car will retail for approx US$370 (similar to XRay, Corally etc), and whilst I have no idea as to the profit margin on this car, a price closer to US$300 (if possible) would surely improve the car's position in the market.

This is not an attempt to dis-credit the car and/or it's manufacturer/importer, just a concern from someone who likes to see as much variety as possible in the market. There are other brands that have suffered due to in-appropriate world price structures (Atlas and Kawada spring to mind).

This car has obvious potential, it would be good to see a few of them around.

FYI 2 drivers raced this car at the recent Thailand Invitational and qualified 34th and 35th in Mod class.

I have to agree 100% with this post. With Alluminum bulkheads front rear and mid being the norm on a xray,corrally,tamiya ect ect. For this car to ever have a chance in North america its gotta have a much lower price point then the rest. The total lack of parts support is the other killer. But perhaps this car has no intentions of hitting the US/CND market??

The car has the looks of a competent racer but with todays flood great touring cars from so many companies. And now the copy cat layouts are getting popular(you can get belted cars with packs on the right from just about all the major players) The next evolution in touring car should be price reduction... And major parts support.