R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 11:46 AM
XrayFK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pwracing
Hi All,

I am looking to replace with my trusty Pro 4 with a Cyclone. Though I need some convincing before I shell out my precious pounds. Is it really as good as everyone says it is? Are there any tips and tricks I should do if I do get one? I will be running in the 19 turn class so a starting setup will be handy. I will be racing on a variety of tarmac tracks. Some Technical. Some Fast. Some bumpy. Some Smooth. Some a mix of these. Tyres will be a control rubber tyre from Corally that are very hard wearing but give excellent grip. Any help will be great.

Regards
Paul
You could even keep the Pro4 for parts, as all the suspension components, diffs, and hardware are the same. As far as the Cyclone, yes, it is a very deserving car. It drives extremely well and is great to work on; easy diff access, easy spur gear access, etc. For tips once you get the car:
1. replace the two plastic spacers with a bearing in the diff.
2. shave down the FR pivot block so you can raise it up without it interfering with the steering linkages.
3. shave down the chassis opening under the front diff so the belt doesn't rub against the chassis.
4. Some people have had problems with the ball studs, either carry spares or replace them with titanium ones.
5. The stock dogbones will bend (front mostly), replace them with steel ones.

There is a page with all these tips from Hara himself, look a few pages back on the thread.