R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NTC3, MTX3 or 705 Which one is the best?
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2002, 02:11 PM
Boomer
Tech Elite

Originally posted by patelladragger
Boomer first you say you replaced nothing except spur gears now you say you replaced a front-end?
You're right, Patella - I broke the front end in June, five and a half months ago, right after I bought the car.

I did say that I hadn't replaced anything but the spurs in the past four months. I did forget about the bumper, yeah, I replaced that with the RPM right away. I'm advocating my car against the perceptions of people saying it's fragile.

I'm also not arguing against any other car - please read my posts. In one I actually say "they are great, even incredible cars" and I sincerely believe that. I really really do.

I think that the perceived fragility is because of people who hit things and then demand that the car not break. I see all cars not make the sweeper, hit the wall and break. Duh. During the 8 hours I spent at Rev last weekend I saw no massive numbers of NTC3's running for parts - personally I bought some ball caps and a spur gear. (Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot to mention that I replace ball caps now and then. . . )

BTW, this isn't to say that anyone who breaks a part is a hack, can't drive or anything of the sort. Rather, it is to say that when I hit something I expect to break something, no matter the car - RC10L2, GT-4, NTC3, Impact or Ford.