R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - STS .28 pull-start engine
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 06:09 PM
ryan6682
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tmaxxeater
My opinion of the STS .28. I believe that the power is definetly great on the motor. I finally got mine set pretty good, and yes it does pull the wheels of a savage off of the ground in first and second gear. As far as the pull start it is better than the roto start. I put my roto start on today and NEVER got to crank my truck with it, before the little gear turned into ashes. That tells me that I wasted my money on the rotostart and that its a peice of SH**!!! I will never put on a sts roto start on my motor again (unless they upgrade it). I will keep on wasteing my time with the crank rope problems, At least the pull rope is cheap. I could not believe that this thing could not even crank my truck 1 time.. unreal... It looks like dino will have to work on this. Overall rateing of the motor is great, I would say 8 out of 10, It would be a 10 with a better starting system. I will race the os21 tmaxx this weekend with it, Lets see how she holds up. I will keep my opinions comeing, I do not work for sts so these opinions are from the regular guy that has to buy his parts and keep paying for repairs. Thanks for the sts, but it needs some work. However you get what you pay for. Remember that....
just so you know the small gear is available seperate and the small gear out of a hpi roto will work in it as well.