R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NTC3, MTX3 or 705 Which one is the best?
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2002, 12:00 PM
Boomer
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jason102276
boomer you must be a much better driver than anyone i know everyone i know has replaced a minimum of a gearbox top front arm because pivot ball broke off inside and a fuel tank in a bad wreck and this is only 1/10 of the parts i broke this summer and i won my summer points series so its not like im a complete hack i heard my friend with his ntc3 say he had just had almost 100$ wreck i remember having them when i owned one its not a bad car its just not durable
Gee, I must be.

So far, the ONLY pieces I've broken have been front end (full throttle oblique into the wall - tower, arms and a diff case. receiver pack went dead, wasn't charging for me. . .rrrrr) and, ummmm, well, oh yeah a body post. My buddy has me beat by, well, all of that. He hasn't had to replace anything (although he has a body post that's starting to go. . .)

Maybe I'm just unusual that way. But I've had the same luck with the other cars I've owned. I just don't see this car as all that fragile compared with the GT-4, V1R(R), Serps and Mugs.

BTW - those replacements that you gave are wreck-related. You don't break a fuel tank unless you're T-boned. . .hard. Were you in a GT-4 you wouldn't have broken a tank, but it would have been something else, likely a brace, tensioner, layshaft mount (rear or front) or the like. . . Pretty much the same with the others (GT-4 being a "normal" designed 3-belt system). . .

Anyway, I'll put my NTC3 up against anyone's other car in a fragility contest. . .ummmmm, wait, other way around. . .