R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 02:43 PM
rayman
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by forum fodder
I am sure this has been asked somewhere in the 105 pages of this forum, but finding it will be a nightmare.

I have been running my TA05 over the winter indoors and have been struggling on the tight courses. My friends that have also been running TA05's have all changed to different chassis, and i swapped cars with my mate yesterday (tb02R) and i went over a lap quicker and me couldnt get anywhere near his tb02r times with my TA05. Now i am sure some of this is set up, but the others that have moved away from the TA05 were having the same problems, and are set ups are all very different.

Basically the car steers from the rear a lot. It tends to have oversteer. It also seems to not be consistant and will work for several laps not spinning out then without warning will break away.

I know a lot of people run these cars indoors, is anyone else haing simular problems?

With all the plastic flexing that could be why that happens. I have a tbo2r which is more consistent in handling but the tao5 just handles so easily I'm relaxed when I use it.