R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Trinity T-Spec Differential Problem
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 09:04 AM
Cesar
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by driftdriftdrift
i understand that the pro 4 pinion doesnt work but are there any pinions that do work? I would buy a second pinion shaft and gear to try and make a different pinion fit on it but not if its going to be in vain.

all now i can really do is wait and see thanks again

edit: just a bit ago i took apart my diff and cleaned it up real nice. i went through all the teeth on the gears with a toothpick and got the grime out. during reassembly i put a fair sized washer behind the diff to make it mesh with the pinion. it worked! or so i thought. when i went outside to test it i did a drift about 10ft and then realized that the rear wheels were not getting power. i figured the washer made a tight mesh but a bit too tight. im going to loosen it up a bit more and see if that solves. but still waiting on your replies

If its not stripped out a good cleaning like you did should work.
I dont know of any other pinions that would work. remember if you chage one side you HAVE TO CHANGE THE OTHER. if you dont change both one side will turn faster or slower than the other, this is only the case if you are trying to go from 23 teeth to 22 or similar, this will only change your internal ratio.