R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CO27
Thread: CO27
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2006, 09:06 PM
ridgewaybodies
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcfreak24
what kind of numbers are you guys seeing on the pro labels . i ordered 4 pro's from stormerhobbies and all the #'s were like 20,000 rpm , 61 or 62 watts , and 94 to 99 on torque . did i get screwed or what ? . well anyways we tried running these with no success in offroad at the rcproseries race at Mccolloughs in PA . my buddy even had a 67 watter and no matter what any of us tried gearing them at they ran like piles . so i really don't see how they have more torque because every pro label i have is way worse then my worst pro label monster by far . and even after changing spings and trying out different brushes , hood alignment , polishing and the whole nine they are still junk
I was at McCulloughs and ran the CO27 in stock buggy and stock truck mains. Both ran exceptionally well. I ran a Pro CO27 in my T4 and a non-pro in the B4. I did the exact same thing to both motors and the non-pro CO27 impressed me the most in the buggy. Combined with fresh IB3800's...its clearly the fastest stock motor I ever ran! I geared the same as my monsters. I probably could have went up a tooth, but for the track layout, I was geared fine. For the outdoor track, i'll definitely gear up.

I aligned the brush hoods, centered the arm in the magnetic field, polished the bushings, rebrushed with F brushes and resprung with red springs on + & -.