R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-4
Thread: Mugen MTX-4
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2006, 08:35 AM
Corse-R
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chris West
does any one find any advantages out of any of the option parts that are available for the MTX-4 or are most of them just for bling. Ive got front universals, engine mount, rubber belts alround and steel pinoins
Bufff... tough to say at least, this is my humble opinion about it.

- Front universals: Vital, should be the first thing to put on any MTX4. For me isn't a hop-up, should be a stock part on the kit.
- Rubber belts: The way to go. Less friction but higher maintenance costs, higher wear, watch for the pulleys healt, a teeth in bad shape could ruin a belt. Urethane are fine for practice, rubber belts are for racing.
-Engine mount: Some of us we don't like to get additional cooling on the lower side of the engine, rather than two independent blocks I swear for a monoblock engine mount. Bling, bling for me.
- Ti screw set: Only the upper side screw set is ok for me, the lower is just bling, bling or for weight freaks.
- Rear roll bars: The 2.2 & 2.5mm are another tunning posibility for your car, isn't a hop-up for me. Grab them, are cheap and sometimes you could need them.

For other parts of other manufacturers, YMMV.