R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 960....
Thread: Serpent 960....
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 08:56 AM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by going4#1
I'm not sure Serpent was really under the shadow of Kyosho or Mugen. Certainly both have been doing much better than in the past but as the number of racers has expanded so has the chance for all makers to win at the big meets. Expand your number of competitors and luck gets spread around quite a bit. Plus, Serpent held the top spot for quite a while. The competition wasn't going to just give up. They just kept trying harder. Good competition is good for all of us. Better cars and better prices.

Don't forget that at least 4 (or is it 5) of Collari's 7 World Championship wins were on a Serpent car. If you were Mugen or Kyosho back then you'd think 'Jeez, can we ever win this thing?' Plus, you've got to look at success in terms of all races. In how many mains does a 960 come across the finish line first? I may drive the same car as Paolo Morgani but I don't drive like him. Do I need skills like him to be successful in races against others at my skill level or can I compete with a 960 at my skill level? With the 960 I'd say I can compete.

Plus, remember Cincinnati 2003? Ralph Burch (driving for Serpent) held first for almost 30 minutes. But something happened to car and he dropped out. Sh*t happens.
Of course, I cannot say it better......but as a die hard Serpent fans, I am SELFISH.....I want Serpent WIN all the national, international and all WORLD races...... Again, I am so selfish that I just want SERPENT to win them all, but lately, they are just a little short on almost any of the big race.