R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Palmaris engine thread
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 04:48 AM
tommi
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kitracer
Tommi, what pipe you using now? I found a relative cheap pipe but works really good on our set. But no IFMAR or EFRA approvals.
Hi Chris, I'm currently using the legal EFRA 2615 Max Power pipe with the conical header, works great. Was struggling a bit to get the right tune at first, was complaining about the lack of low-end punch, but I guessed I was just pampering my BRB set a bit too much by running it too rich - 90 something Celcius running temperature under Asian temperature. Got it to near optimal tune last run, I've to say that was my most satisfying run ever since started using the Palmaris p/s set - great power, consistent idle and tune under scorching hot sun, no signs of overheat/loss of power whatsoever. Other drivers at the track were mostly using 5-porters with outlaw pipes, Max Fantini, JP, RB, TZs etc...myself and Darth Vader (running the PR12 with a 5mm stinger pipe as well) were competitively as fast (if not faster) than those. I've to say, using the legal pipe with the Palmaris 3-port is not necessarily a disadvantage. Power is good, and most importantly...the fuel efficiency is fantastic, can easily make 7-8 minutes per tank.

What's the pipe that you mentioned? DV was using the VXR Piston Series pipe, performance wise, not much difference as compared to the Max pipe...well, maybe I'm not good enough to figure out the difference...