R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Paypal Scam!!
Thread: Paypal Scam!!
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2006, 05:36 AM
adavison1974
Tech Initiate

I have been getting these mails for about a year now. Just send a mail to the spoof email address at paypal and or ebay.

i admit its a pain the A**E sending mails to the spoof address but just do it. i dont even put any of my own text in the mail now i just forward it.

ONe big give away on the whole thing is that the address you are directed to is somthing like.

WWW.blah blah blah blah.paypal.com

Which the first bit is probably the theiving B******S own web address which they have set up a paypal page on which robs your details. when you put them in.

Like paypal are really going to have such an address and guess the same goes for ebay.

Guess if new users read the t's and c's when they sign up to paypal or ebay they will read that they will never send any emails asking for user names or passwords for such accounts. If these companies really wanted your details then they wouldnt have to send you and email asking for them they would just be able to get them from an internal source. I mean you send them an email when you forget your password or click on a link to get it reset. So if your average joe bloggs can do it like that then they can get your details just as easy.

Well thats my thoughts on the matter. Guess the fact that i work in the IT industry in a support role makes me more aware that the compaines just would not ask for these details. But not everybody is a savvy when it comes to IT.

JUST DONT GIVE EM YOUR DETAILS FORWARD THE EMAILS TO THE SPOOF EMAIL AND LET THEM DEAL WITH THE THEIVING B******S