R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Much More Cell Master settings for IB3800
Old 02-16-2006, 08:42 AM
DaveW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have been experimenting with upping the amp rate instead of the cutoff rate. (cooler weather) Using the CTX mode i charge 8.5 amps for the first and third stage... .02 for the second. The cutoff is 10. The IB3800's always hit the cutoff peak, and never hit temp peak, they never go above 35-38C. Since i have been running stock and 19T, the runtime loss doesnt matter. The packs just plain rip though, average volts at a 10 amp cycle are over 7.6VDC. They were mid 7.2VDC when new. I store my cells with 700MAH weekly, using the capacity cutoff/linear charge on the CTX charger. Before use i discharge at 10 amps, and then put them on the ZERO-V tray to warm the cells, and then they are ready for charging. If i want a bit more rip for the first few laps, i add a 10W.2 OHM resistor across the tabs of the battery for 30 minutes AFTER i bring it off of the ZERO-V tray, and all the lights go out. The packs only have maybe 10 track cycles on them, so i have no long term info to report, but they sure do rip for now. Just thought i would share.

- DaveW