R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW XRAY T2
Thread: NEW XRAY T2
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2006, 06:06 PM
Ted Flack
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Michael Barch
What size and pitch spur does the T2 come with out of the box? What is a recommened pinion size? (Ozite Carpet, Foams, Stock: Monster Pro). I was planning on picking one up today but I forgot my work moved my checks to Friday so I must wait another day

I also cleaned and freshed up my motor on my Lathe today, replaced brushes, and lubed her all up...I got 6 Amps (On 2 Volts) out of it on the Break-In. I heard thats VERY good...is this true?

When I pick it up I would be using the Hitec: HS620MG Super Torque servo (I think thats the model, it was $40). I will use that until I can afford a nice $100 dollar one. I was planning on buying a Novak GTS with a Spectrm radio system next week too. Then I will be all set right? Will that Servo do fine? I really don't got the cash to buy a 100 dollar servo. Im still in highschool and working for my real car payments and I have a girlfriend .

Also when I build this (my 2nd car I built next to my TC4). Is there any tips or anything I should look out for? I will be using Ozite w/ Foams. Anything I should double check I did right on XRAY's or?

Thanks for everything- Mike.

*EDIT*- Also, how does everyone feel about the G6 Body? I plan on getting one of those when I pick up the T2...
Go to Larry's and ask Bobby, pick up the G6 (I love mine) and leave the Spectrum there. Use the money for tires or a better speed control.

Ted