R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - STS .28 pull-start engine
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 06:27 PM
Artificial-I
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tmaxxeater
I got my new sts.28 in today and installed it on my Savage. I had to modify a few things, but I have it working now. I put after run oil in before ever pulling crank rope, this really helped.The compression is unreal on this motor. Then I ran 6, two minute cycles with the engine. After this point I started driveing the truck around a little giving it 1/4 to 1/2 throttle. I find the motor to be reved a little high at idle. I am certain that this is due to how rich I am running the motor. Tomorrow I will lean down 1/16 turns at a time to get the idle right. I cant wait to see this bad boy RIP!! The motor sounds awesome.. I like the look to, It is really going to look good passing those T-Maxxes I am sure that it will make some of the fellas around kinda pissed. Oh well they should have purchased a sts...
Thanks for all of the help on here. I will keep you guys updated on the progress of the truck.
You might want to turn the idle screw down a bit. #210510 in the exploded parts diagram. (turn counterclockwise)

Also check the throttle idle position on the radio.