R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF415
Thread: Tamiya TRF415
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 04:13 PM
JimmyMac
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I ran my 415MSX at the Birds. I didn't do good at all. Seemed as the traction went up.. my car got slower. I just ended up running my EvoIV instead. Anyways, there was a factory driver there with Marc's car (or setup same as Vegas). Hubert Honigl I believe was running it. I took some pics of it. The 4mm chassis on it was sick!! Wish I had it. But once again.. Thanks to Tamiya for their support!!

Anyways, to answer TRF_RACER's question... you do not have to modify the car to run Parma foams. You only need the silver 6mm wheel hexes and a red axle shim (1mm). If you want to run Jaco foams, you need HPI Pro4/Cyclone steering knuckles with a 4mm wheel hex and a blue (0.5mm) axle shim. However, running the D/D front blocks, the car may be about 191mm or so wide. Also to run Jaco with HPI knuckles, you will need either... the Cyclone wheel axles with Tamiya dog bones... OR... Pro4/3 MIP wheel axle with Corally RDX steel dog bones.

The only reason I see to switch to HPI knuckles is if your track needs Jaco 2 stage foams to be fast... Other than that, just stick with Parma Cyan/Magenta.