R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Lipo
Thread: Platinum Lipo
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 09:39 AM
Darkseid
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zipp
just curious, did u add weights to balance the car?
Good question...

This was one of my biggest concerns when running the pack, because it does take off so much weight. But heres how it worked out.

The electronics on my car stayed the same. With a mix of some lightweight and some not so light components.
-KO Propo 2173
-Novak Xxtra
-19t motor
-Futaba MC800C ver.2

3700 cells w/shrink wrap-the car was heavy to the battery side, so I had to compensate by adding slightly more preload on that side with the shock collars just to get equal ride height and balanced handling. But even with this, the car still turned more to one side than the other. Go figure...

Platinum LiPo-the car was very slightly heavy to the electronic side, so I had to compensate by taking away a little preload on the battery side to get equal ride height and balanced handling. But unlike with the heavier pack, the adjustments to preload seemed to work and the car turned equally to both sides.

So in the end, all I did was adjust the preload, pretty much what I had to do with my regular packs.

So I guess what I have to gather from that is, that if you have to adjust for battery weight (and ANY car that has the battery to one side HAS to), then its better to have to adjust for a lighter battery than for a heavy one.