R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS
Thread: Team Losi JRXS
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2006, 11:35 PM
2-Bad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRXS_chris
What benefits does this mod give? Forgive me for being too lazy to go back and read.
Chris,
Here's an extract from my MF2 book....

Front Camber Link Length ; is another adjustment that is difficult to make a generic statement for as it can have slightly different results on various conditions. The following is a summary of how this adjustment will usually impact the handling of the MF2. A longer front camber link will make the truck feel stiffer. This will help keep the truck flatter with less roll, but can make the truck handle worse on bumpy conditions. A shorter front camber link will result in more front end roll. This will increase high-speed steering and make the truck better in bumps. Too short of a front link may make the truck feel twitchy or "wandery" meaning that it may be difficult to drive straight at high speed.

In my experience, the "front camber Mod" reduced steering slight, but made the steering more linear or progressive.

The loss in steering wasn't what I wanted, but the linear feel was much, much better, hence I added more steering to the car and overall it feels better with the Mod then without.

I would suggest you try both and see if you like it....

Regards,
Peter