R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi truck help? History? Timeline?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2006, 07:02 AM
T. Thomas
Tech Regular

The JRXT was the first Losi Racing truck, it was released around 1990. It had a 5 link rear suspension, and a flat graphite plate chasiss.

Next came the Junior-T, it was a budget truck designed with new people in mind, for it was a lot less expensive with similar atributes tot he JRXT with the exception of the 5 link rear suspension, it was released early 90's. This truck had every part on it made from plastic, plastic towers, chasiss, everything, first to do this.

The second true race truck from Losi was the LXT, it came out in about 1992-3 time frame, this was a true race truck with modern design. The chassis is super narrow, and the servo is completely under the front top plate(which extends up to the front shock tower).

The third truck was the XXT, it debut around 1996, it was the start of what lead top todays design. The chassis has a destinguished tunnel that runs under the battery.

The XXT CR was just an updated version of the XXT with a redisinged rear end(different antisquat plates and hubs) and was released around 98. The rear pivot plate and blocks are seperate, not a single piece like the XXT).

The XXT CR Graphite plus, I don't even remember it for I was still running the XXT.

Next was the first in the XXX line, the XXXT which came out in 2000-1 I believe. This truck has the current chassis design, but the transmition has a black case and does not come through the bottom of the rear T-plate.

The XXXT MF1 was the exact same truck as the XXXT, but had all the graphite parts and titanium stuff already in the box, it came out in 2002-3.

Now the XXXT MF2 is out, it has the redisigned rear end, VLA suspesnion arms, and the new transmision, it was released at the end of 2004.

There really has only major changes done to the truck line, JRXT -> LXT -> XXT -> XXXT -> XXXT MF2. The other changes were very small or just a all hop ups in a box edition.

Last edited by T. Thomas; 02-10-2006 at 07:20 AM.