Thread: Team Losi JRXS
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 10:03 PM
Still Bill
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Front camber link 101B

What? No Snowbirds! Website issues...

Now focusing on modifying the zero degree front carrier piece.

Refer to the unmodified carrier in the picture and use your Dremel cutting disk to cut right down the middle of the "0" (numeral zero) to eliminate the upper portion of the carrier. You only will be using the lower portion of the carrier with the hinge pin holder and the hole for the spindle carrier bushing. To dress up what remains of the carrier, round off the inner end by radiusing around the hole for the spindle bushing leaving as much material as possible to support the bushing.

Phase two done!

Now, just assemble your parts per the complete camber link assembly shown in the right of my posted picture. The picture depicts the assembly for the left side of my car. Note that the set screw of the carrier points downward.

Remove the RH threaded ball cup from the turnbuckle of your existing camber link. Remember, the turnbuckle threads right-handed into the modified arm and left-handed into the ball cup. You have to shorten the LH threaded ball cup about .05-.07" to be able to set the camber properly.

I found that I could insert the second spindle bushing in the carrier's hole from either above or below with little difference. I decided on having it from below; but, others are placing it above. Place it as you find best for smoothness and insert the 1/2" x 4-40 screw (and thin washer) through both bushings and screw into the top of the carrier.

Phase three done!

Did I cover everything?

Back to the Snowbirds...I hope!

Last edited by JRX-S Bill; 02-09-2006 at 10:20 PM.