R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Nurnburg Toy Fair "Serpent Shows F1 Car"
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 06:49 PM
going4#1
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dan D
Thats pretty sweet what scale is that? that would be cool if they proformed like the 1/8th scale cars it would be a class i'd get into
I think it's 1/8th scale i.e. F1 + 1/8th = F180

Clever, those Dutchmen they are. Very clever.

Looks like Serpent is doing what is does best. Coming up with something new rather than copy the rest of the crowd.

Hope the car is a hit. The bodies will be critical but if you can get similar lap times to a typical 1/8th car and keep usage cost the same, I could see reasonable demand. Serpent has been smart and reused a lot of parts from other cars to keep costs down. With the 235mm class now out of IFMAR, if F180 takes off, maybe a new class could be added.

mytsn seems to indicate limited run for the first batch but if they sell out quickly, the 'limited run' could be a lot less limited. My only concern would be tires. How long do they last and how expensive to replace? I wonder if foams could be used to take advantage of a large pool of supply and lower prices??

BTW, notice the fuel tank. Looks quite large. I wonder if it is more than 125cc. That would be nice. Fewer pit-ins.

Rob