R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 01:20 PM
Artificial-I
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rapid Roy
I used sorex 36r's at my last parking lot race because the track was so damp in the 1st heat. I used the same setup as foam, or maybe 1/2 degree less camber, can't remember for sure. It was pretty slippery, but much better then the foams on damp pavement. I have run rubber at low grip/dusty surfaces too and they hook up a little better then foams. So there are times when rubber works. I always try the foams 1st though.
Yeah never tried it in the wet, sounds kinda fun. I just know once I tried rubbers in a parking-lot on my old r40. I thought , my god no wonder it says this on the box. It was nearly a joke. Power on and I would immediatly have to control the car in a turn...rather than let it settle through. It was kinda cool though , basically became a drift vehicle.

I probably should have used some grip compounds , cause the tires were a bit dry. On my racer2 , same exact tires work great. So , I just figured it was a setup of the R40 causing this and to warrant the suggestion right on the r40 box.