R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - STOCK motor forum
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2001, 10:29 AM
diesel31
Tech Apprentice

in my stable, i keep 2 p2k's and 2 gm3's. i've tried the chrome stock - good torque, but the p2k performs better and is more consistant. also had a spitfire - it's identical to the chrome stock, but my spitfire performed better than my chrome stock. i had 2 mvp's, but they still seemed a little lack luster compared to my p2k's.
i race atleast once a week, sometimes twice. i used to cut the comms every night i raced, but i've noticed that sometimes it would be completely broken in. now i my comms about every 11-13 runs, depending on how the comms look. i usually get the best performance between the 5th and 13th run (i define a run as a full a battery pack or approximately 5 minutes - the equivalent of a race).
i gear my p2k's pretty tall, and my gm3's considerably lower. my gearing gets more specific depending on how the track is set. all of my p2k's are real torquee - 183 & 184 nmm's. so you see, even on a tight track, i can only maximize it's performance if i gear high.
can't wait to get my hands on the new 2nd generation p2k, i'm thinking it'll be the new benchmark