R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Corally RDX Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 07:36 PM
koabich
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
The reason for the narrow rear uprights is that running 2 deg or more of rear toe in with the stock hexes and foam tires makes the car wider than the max legal width of 190 mm. And narrow hexes break too easily.

Maybe I'm missing something, but WHY does Corally insist on using these silly clamping hexes???!!!??? WHY NOT JUST MAKE SOLID HEXES LIKE AE, LOSI, HPI, ETC???? There is NO NEED for overly complex, under-engineered clamping hexes. Does Tamiya sell a solid hex that's the right depth that will work on the RDX? I can't believe that someone hasn't found a better hex from another company that works better.
Ummm...my TC3 and TC4's all used clamping hexes. My 415's all had clamping hexes. My Schumachers also had clamping hexes. I don't think they are silly and I think you would have a hard time finding others that feel the same as you do.

Solid hexes are a pain in the but and can be difficult to take off and put on. Keep in mind that the Corally Hexes only have to be very lightly snugged. Do not do as the name suggests and "clamp" them down as they will break.