R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 705
Thread: Serpent 705
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2002, 07:29 PM
ammdrew
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

serp said we would have 705 in late december at the worlds, so no surprise, i would actually guess they will be later as to the dock worker strike and slowdown, it is affecting retailers huge......

what is up with hpi's site, it wil be a bummer to lose all that info....

the biggest advantage of the 705 is it will be stronger in the engine area , with the verticle carbon fiber and two mounting points much less chance for flex......

the xray front parts make the car corner differnet, gives the car more grip through the center of the corner, not a huge diff, but workds, cvd's do tear up end parts pretty fast( the plastic blade) as it was never intended to go through anywere near that much stress, i realy like how the car is with the xray stuff....

no durability issues on the 705, or the pro.. salvin pulled the top of his tank off( pin was offset and when the pit guy pulle dthe strap, pop, no more lid, and burch had the inner bearing on the two speed shaft failed, smoked and burned the brearign block until it no longer had gear mesh.......dumb luck realy, those same bearings lived through a qual were they assembled the shaft wrong and the brake was draging, when blackketter pulled the car the screw on top of the brake lever was smoking and discolored....... burch also ran the same motor in th efinal as he ran at roar nats.....

? just trying to put rumors to bed, my impulse with lightweight shafts, otherwise pretty stock, lightened two speed and centax( custom milled) was right at the legal limit.... so if it got any lighter it would need weight added like the mugan stuff,

if anyone is looking for a car, i have my practise , spare car on ebay.... same name email me if you have questions... good to see everyone is still talking, winter has set in here and i am looking to getting on the snowmobile and doing actual racing between my buddies, was going to go to winternats , but do to family circumstances do not think i camn make it now... bummer, was going to be my madin 705 voyage.....

waiting for firm realease date on update, but recommend the pro for parkinglots, the new two speed is not covered and will be hard on oneways( unless they come up with some covers......setups and performance will be real similar....