R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - some battery questions
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 03:05 PM
DanGriffin
Tech Regular

I'll try to answer your questions the best I can.
To match packs, you have to buy lots and lots of cells. Matchers supposedly show the voltage and runtime of every cell, then you match all the cells up and get the most even pack. (in a nut shell) There is a new method of matching cells, look in the signature at axxis-racing. So, unless you plan on buying a bunch of cells, not advised to match yourself. Not to mention a matcher40 is $400+.

If you are on a tight budget, I'm sure that you have noticed that 36's are cheaper than other cells, they aren't bad by any means but the new GP and 38's are better. Axxis has had best luck with the 3800's and thats what I would advise getting, but at this point anything from IB of GP is not bad.

The matcher doesn't really mean anything, most companies just use turbomatchers..and in theory a pack from Trinity and Orion with the same numbers should be the same. Again, I would spring for the 38's, they seem to hold their punch longer than other cells.

Anything from the big companies will be reliable, but maybe pay a higher price for. Find prices that you like in the cells you want, and take your time building the cells. I am very fond of the high end Axxis cells, crazy punch and run time, and the solder that he sells puts a nicer finish on the luck.

Good luck in the search.