R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW XRAY T2
Thread: NEW XRAY T2
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 01:32 PM
PitCrew
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cvt01
I have to admit that you have a point... But how do you know that both of the rear uprights are off? Mine is good on the right side - 1 deg toe and it is 0.5 deg on the left (with no extra shims). They use different molds for the left and for the right. It may happen that one is off but it is very unlikely that the other will be off exactly the same amount but the opposite direction... "DUH!"
BTW Xray says that the molds has been checked and found within tolerances. Why they would lie? If it is really the upright then they would be happy to change it (it would cost about 1$/kit for them ). Some guys stated couple pages back that it may be the bulkhead...

Chris, Xray discontinued the spring steel diffs.
I guesss I was thinking that the left and right uprights were symmetrical. I didn't remember having a L and R. So, yes then if only one side is off, then it is that upright. Maybe its the hinge pin hole in the ARM. They are symmetrical, and would give a larger difference between the left and right. I'll do some measuring on my stuff tonight and figure out where the problem is. Whether its the arms or the uprights or something else...