R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - A few questions...
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 08:09 PM
Ivan Dickson
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Agent
Hi all, I've been in R/C since I was about 13 and just now (10 years almost) later I want to start actually racing... Something I have never really done... I've gone to Speedline and my best lap with my NTC3 and crap Megatech .16 was a 19.5, and 21 was my average consistant time... My question is this, I want to start racing on road nitro semi seriously, and I'm kind of at a loss as to the way I should procede. I've got a few on road cars, but the TC3 is the best one I have, even with the not-so-good megatech on it. I'm kind of wondering if I should plan on getting a new car, like the Koyosho, which I have heard fantastic things about, or the Mugen MTX-4 which looks like the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, or just spend some more money and get the tc3 really set up nice (with a new motor and all). That brings up a good point, I'm going to have to get a new motor sooner or later, and Speedline Hobbies, my local track, is pretty much letting the nito cars run any small block they want... I figure great, I can get a .18 tz and call it good. But what happens if I want to go to B and B Hobbies, or the track in Miami? (I live in Florida) Is picking an .18 engine over like the .12 tz 5 port going to bite me in the behind? Either way, I would really like to get the car that I am going to be racing with primarily now, so I can be practicing on it. I'm not a big fan of practicing on something, and then when I get good getting something different and having to go through the whole process over again...

Anyway, I hope some people can shed some light on this for me... I already have pretty good radio gear, so I don't have to worry too much about that. Thanks for any, and all inputs!
There are some great nitro kits in the market I feel the best way to choose a kit is parts avalidability also local track surpport from other racers,for example at my local track in so. cali. the hot cars are KYOSHO RRR, MTX4 With plenty of parts for both cars in the track hobby shop if they don't have order in one day, I heard that florida is SERPENT country I hope this info. help you make a good decision GOOD LUCK.