Thread: INTEGY 16X8V6
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 01:14 PM
seaball
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Arrow sure

Originally Posted by hobbipro
Integy is now making very good chargers. Right now I dont see any other AC/DC charger in this price range that does it all.
by the specs alone, one could agree with you. however, their quality is so poor that many of the chargers do not function as intended. mine, has a fading lcd screen, input voltage error messages, temp too high error messages, and generally does what it wants to do when running in motors. it's just garbage, and worse, integy is impossible to contact about it. at best they are hit or miss regarding service.

so the problem is two fold. the qc and/or design of the product is sub-par, and the support for these items is so poor that the customer often pays for the manufacture's defects. these statements are founded by the history of integy related posts on this board almost regarless of which product.

i'm telling you, beware. just knowing that this is going on should be enough for people to spend their money supporting better organizations. but sadly, it is not. even i previously shrugged it off, and tried my luck with this charger. not one of my better decisions.