R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2006, 08:16 AM
AdrianM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
I just wanted to know if I am making a misktake. I have built the Ec as per instructions using the Teemu setup out of the book. And after several runs at 2 different tracks (both asphalt outdoor and indoor), the car seems to be extremely stable and easy to drive, to the point where it is 'pushing' through the corners (especially entry and mid corner). However, since I did not understand how to measure droop the Teemu way I just used 3mm frt and 4mm rr droop (using ride height).

I have since learnt to measure droop the Teemu way (thanks to Jon Kerr!), but have not had a chance to run it. Also, I have noticed that the Teemu setup on the net (Schumacher website) is different to that of the instruction book. Which one are you guys using? Or are you using Paul W's latest setup?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Leonard.
We are running the Kit set up.

Make sure you hit every point of the setup exactly. If you fudged one setting it could make the car not work as expected.

Make sure all shock have equal rebound, all suspension arms are completely free and that you car is tweaked.

The only time that I had a push last weekend was when I forgot to sauce my tires properly before a qualifier.

If you have every detail of the setup exactly and you want more turn in move the rear arms forward 1mm. This will make the car rotate more on corner entry.