R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-3
Thread: Mugen MTX-3
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2006, 07:23 PM
Corse-R
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by devious17
Tyre wear? I ran used front 42(HPI) for smaller diameter and new 40 (GQ)rear yesterday and the rear still wears out faster.

By looking at your braking spot you are braking much later than i am, I guess I need to reduce the brake further.Will try the EPA this time.
As I told you previously, tyre wear is a matter of how you drive, how you setup your car and many other things, you cannot pretend drag race on each straigh, smash the brakes when a turn is over and try to conserve your tyres. Doesn't matter how hard tyres you may try, you'll ever wear much your rear tyres than fronts.

He can brake much later because he drives and maintains a driveline who keeps the car stable into the curbs, he can be globally faster than you, just because he enters with the car under control and he can accelerate earlier because their car is stable, he will overlap you in few turns, I could be for this.

Don't try to make up a por set-up car going agressive, the key is to keep the most constant speed around all the track, doesn't matter if you at the backstraight go over 90Km/hr if you need to brake up to 10 just to take the turn. Get some fresh tyres, start over from the stock setup and try another time with one-way.