R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW! PROTOform Speed 12B
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2006, 12:58 PM
reynard55
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dale
Thanks for the reply, I really do understand the problems you face from the full size manufacturers. There is always ways around the problem of names, I think you have done this quite successfully yourself in the past.
I am also 100% with you on the compromise that is made on the rear end of a 1/12 shell to fit the cars we all have now.
As I said earlier, you have made some great looking 1/12 shells in the past, look like the real thing and handle well.
There must be a way of doing competitive shells that are based on the latest generation of WSC cars, the Zytec, Lola, Courage Etc. all have aero packages that generally give the same characteristics that you need on a 1/12 to make it competitive, low side pods between the wheels, high rear wings, low cockpit areas Scoops above the engine area to fit our dampers.
I just feel that we are poking fun at the rules rather than trying to work with them.
The shell to have in the UK at the moment is a Parma Zytec, it is the most extreme aero body that the BRCA has approved, I would love you to do a competitive shell that has a chance of getting approved. I know you have enough skill and understanding of what is required.