R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - WHAT MAKES OFF ROAD RACING MORE FUN THAN ON ROAD RACING????
Old 01-28-2006, 08:06 AM
krisnata
Tech Fanatic

Location: Everybody wants to go to Heaven..... but Nobody wants to die

Originally Posted by Cain
I will say that what I found that made offroad more fun that onroad was the challenge of the changing track conditions and handling jumps and bumps.

In touring which I was big into, once I found the right setup for the particular track, going around it wasn't too much of an issue once I got the hang of the power of the vehicle. It was more about driving the right line and how much speed I could carry through the turns. It was fun mind you, but, the amount of time to find that right setup, that was an issue. After awhile, touring just felt more like a chore at times which is why I went to try offroad.

Offroad to me offered a range of experiences as with changing track conditions, jump handling, etc. it made the experience more fun. I also wasn't wrenching like crazy to find that setup. Even if it wasn't ideal, the vehicle would perform reasonably well, and I didn't need high end battery packs to compete.

Only thing that I didn't like was the dirt, but, its a trade off until someone gets some astroturf going
cain, I agree with you 100%

what I do is, everytime I feel like so deep into rc then I played Onroad(nitro) then when I feel relax, kickback and bit lazy, then I pick upOff-road.
it's tru, off road doesn't required much setup.
just start and go, everything else you adjust the finger .....lol