R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho VoneR Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2002, 07:09 PM
racer rich
Regional Moderator

Front and Rear Universal Driveshafts for V-One RR

Hello. I have a question regarding aftermarket universals for the Kyosho V-One RR. A few months ago I was going to purchase a V-One RR, but I decided to see what the new Mugen and Serpent would look like. After seeing their new releases, and not being quite too pleased by their "updates" at all, I have now decided to purchase a V-One RR.

I would like to get aftermarket universals for my soon-to-be V-One RR. I noticed there are 3 manufacturers/types of universals for the V-One RR. Below is the manufacturer of each universal along with a picture of it:

Here is a picture of the Five Stars universals for the V-One RR:

Here is a picture of the "polished" Integy/Eagle universals for the V-One RR:

Here is a picture of the "black" Integy/Eagle universals for the V-One RR:

I would like to have some feedback on these universals. I am looking for universals that are lightweight yet durable. The K-Factory universals on my Reflex are very fragile and bend very easily. I would like to have some more durable units. I believe patelladragger once stated (I am not perfectly sure so don't take this to heart) that the "polished" Integy/Eagle universals are fragile and break easily. Can I have some personal experiences with these universals that are listed and pictured above? Also, I noticed the "black" Integy/Eagle universals sell for $10.00 more than the "polished" Integy/Eagle universals(both are sold at Integy's online shop). I wonder why the difference in price? Which universals on the market for the V-One RR are most durable and provide the best performance?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by racer rich; 11-15-2002 at 07:16 PM.