R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JMRCA change touring rule to 4cells! Is this the future?
Old 01-25-2006, 02:56 PM
T. Thomas
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hugovdb
I can't understand the 4 cell idea .. 5 will be much much better .. you dont have to have a receiver pack.. you still have less tire wear .. less batteries needed.. It will be cheaper to run, but still fast enough.. So 5 batteries with 27t 19t and mod (7 or 8t.. whatever)..

-Hugo
I think this would help the best in lowering the cost of racing in all forms of racing. It will slow stock down more(which it should be slower anyway in my opinion) while only making mod less maintenance oriented, and reducing wear on the vehicles. Is similar to when 6 cells was prefered over 7 cells back in early 90's, just as fast, but way less maintenance on the motor. The only draw back is Lipo Batteries, how will they play into this since they are unable to only produce 6 volts in the current configuration.

One example of how 5 cells will not affect the outcome is this past years IFMAR offroad electric world championships when a 5 cell buggy won the title.