R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - battery question for stock
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 02:56 PM
Grizzbob
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iblumberg
Perhaps I just got really lucky, but I have a pack of 3600 mAh Elite cells from www.cheapbatterypacks.com and it is amazing. On my ICE charger, it takes as much charge or more than my IB3800 packs and it consistently feels stronger than any other pack I own including some GP3300s rated at 1.18v @ 30 amp discharge and 2 different 3800 packs. Given that the Elite pack cost about $36 assembled with a Dean's connector, I think it is a screaming deal and worth another few orders. The only down side of the Elite cells is that I don't think they are ROAR approved, so if your track cares, its not a good choice.

Ira
You didn't just get lucky, IMO. I also have a pack of those cells, got it as part of a Beta test they ran(they wanted to get some experienced guys to try them & report back on what we thought of their performance, & I was one of those guys, got a free pack from it) & I'm still using it today in club racing. I also now have some packs of IB3800's that are matched at 35 amps & have avg. per cell voltages in the 1.205 range, & honestly, it's hard to tell ANY difference between them & the Elite 3600's(they seem indistinguishable in my lap times & fel about the same ontrack). And I agree with you, I think they're about THE best bang per buck cells you can get right now, though you do have to be mindful of whether your local track will allow them(mine doesn't mind, I suspect only those places that are big on following ROAR rules closely all the time will have a problem with them). What I'd REALLY like to see is for some of the better battery matching companies get ahold of these cells & see what they can do with 'em(as far as I know, my cells were not conditioned in any way, no zapping or anything, so you have to wonder what the better matchers can achieve with them)....