R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Open letter to Mario Hudy
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 12:43 PM
speedxl
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SuperXRAY
Well, I believe (<--see, it's my opinion, so don't get mad!) you're generally wrong, speedxl. You can't relate the cars we drive to what we race as hobbies here. You can relate RACE cars to the cars we race as hobbies, however. There are very few race cars in the competitive real race car world that don't have spares for EVERYTHING. Porsche and Cadillac arrived at last years Leman's race with 2 and 3 cars respectively, and Corvette with 2 plus 'other' things (?). So, if you're saying in regards to relating the Traxxas 4-Tec to our normal cars, then I'll buy what you say...but we are racing in a competitive area.

I'll harp on this...maybe if the 1/18 NS market was smaller, the CNC machines could devote more time to T2 parts.

Sorry you maybe wrong Alot of race teams get thier cars before the parts arrive. Thats when they fit the driver, and the crew gets familiar with the car before the testing. Plus they have to set up tooling to maintain the car at the track and inhouse. I worked for 2 different race teams that ran IMSA gto corvettes in the real era of racing when those monsters called GTP's roared (late 80' early 90's)! And till today thats the way they do it for the most part.
Most of the big time racing is different. Each chassis manufacture has contracts with the teams. And think about this most teams actually make their own car so parts are handled in house. For the priveteer it sucks because they have to wait ( unless big bucks come into play! )
Alot of times the parts are made by the team. there are countless suplliers of racing equipment out there.
In our street cars when they race, they genaraly run in a showroom stock class or close to it. If you need parts go to the dealer or junkyard!
In the GT classes you may buy a chasis from a munfacture example Porsche.
Thier car comes built. Basically the only thing that you do is maintain the car. you buy parts from whom ever. Some of the components maybe from porshe's race dept but you still get the car first then put an order in for the parts unless there is a contract stipulating delivery at the same time. There are many different scenario's but I'd have totype another novel.

( not a flame to anyone! )

Thus leads us to the miniture race cars who have the same miniture problems and the bitchen! thats the same!