R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Let’s talk about diff balls
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 10:22 AM
DustinR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Let’s talk about diff balls

Let’s talk about balls

Diff balls that is. I am just wondering what works the best and lasts the longest. I know that Losi, Associated, and many other companies make 3/32 carbide diff balls. I do not want this to turn into a plug your sponsors thread but I want this to be a question to those that have tried the MANY different brands. What do you like and why.

Also what about the thrust. Many people make those as well. The thrust has major impact on a smooth diff as well. Do you use the molded thrust of the loose ball thrusts. Why. What are the advantages and disadvantages to both. [besides not having the balls roll all over the place while building the diff]

And what about ceramic balls. All I know is that they are lighter. Do they last longer. Are they smoother than their carbide counterparts.

And lastly does any one know of where you can buy the 3/32 diff balls for less than $10 per set. Losi, Associated, and others must be getting them somewhere cheaper, repackaging them, and jacking the price up. Most often I find that if I can buy R/C stuff outside of R/C companies I get a better product at a cheaper price.

Thanks for any help.