R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi Constant Velocity Drive (LCD) vs MIP CVD
Old 01-23-2006, 06:21 PM
FBJ's RDX
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by John Stranahan

Roll Center Adjustment
I had a little oversteer with a locked diff after the shock tower change. I raised the rear roll center by adding one shim under the rear inner hinge pin pivots. This corrected the problem except on very heavy throttle exiting the corner. I may add one more shim. These shims make a tiny change to your oversteer understeer balance.
Hi John, so by raising the roll center of a car whether it may be in the front or rear will generally add traction to the side where it is raised? I am quite confused with the roll center thingy. Some say that when you raise the roll center, it will lessen traction on that end, I am I correct? The reason why I am asking is because I tried raising the rear roll center of my car (RDX) to add more steering because I was informed and read in the manual that i will give the car more steering because it will will lessen traction on that end but will feel stable. Is there a difference between stability and plain traction? I hope you can shed some light on the differences, Thank you very much for your time