R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New 1/8 on-road "XR8"
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 02:37 PM
bam167
Tech Adept

Well, hello everybody, glad to see this form is starting to pick up a bit. Well my name is bambino from New York City and my cars goes by the name of (Mugen Killer) thats on the track First i must say, i never thought i was able to race 1/8 scale due to the price tag's. So i had to stick with 1/10 scale for 2 years. Last year i heard that a company call Power Racing came out with a 1/8 scale that was affordable. I think I asked everybody who had mugen's, could this car hold up and all the answer's I got from everybody was (NO). I think that's what push me even more to see what this 1/8 scale can do and to prove to people that it doesn't matter what kind of car you have, it's how you drive it. I bought this car last year with only 2 race's to go until the end of the season. I used the first race just to see what had to be done to this car, keep in mind I never drove an 1/8 scale before. The first race was held at Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn. My biggest problem was I didn't have a motor for this car but thank's to Richie Torres and my master mechanic Mikey Mike, they lend me a Mega 21ZX motor. As soon as we started up the car to tune the motor, the clutch bell got caught up on Mikey's sweater and the centax clutch bell blue up in pieces. That was the end of my day but being I was so determiem to run this car, my mugen centax clutch bell 1/10 scale was going to be used but with H.P.I's R40 1st and 2nd gears 17t and 21t but with xr 8 gears 49t and 45t. Everything went well from there until the main race which was the b main, some body hit me so hard that it ripped out my all my wires from the servo's trans. and receiver. Ended my day but I went home proud of my new 1/8 scale and with a few thing's to work on. There was 5 heats A,B,C,and D nothing but Mrx 3's 4's and Serpent. So it's to show ya that with the right set up this car can hold its own. I'll write about the next race in a few, just going to look for my race times from Conn.