R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Open letter to Mario Hudy
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 10:48 AM
TRF415boy
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BritRacer
Would you rather companies hold cars till spares are done

Yes.
Please don't quote me out of context and read the whole post ! (I know you didn't "quote me" but you said in other words what i said), same goes for Scoobydoo.

To dawnmeat, what I'm trying to say is that X-Ray is a victim of the internet forums ! Back in the days, they'd have been able to test the car at big races without hundreds of people on the net saying they want the car out tomorrow.

It seems now people want the stuff right away, especially since we can see pictures of prototype cars, but just because a car's being tested at a big race don't mean it's anywhere close to be production ready. Production ready don't only means that car kits are ready, it also means that spares are available, which means some parts like wishbones, hubs and all the parts that are likely to break or wear out needs to be produced, packaged and shipped in amounts 3 to 4 times higher than the car kits are, even before releasing the car. This takes a lot of machining time, and in order to please people on the forums X-Ray have reduced the amount of spares produced before release, you guys should only blame yourselves.

So, maybe X-Ray should blame themselves, but maybe us forum people should also blame ourselves and be more patient when it comes to the release of a new car ! Oh and if you bought a T2 you should blame yourself for not being more fore-sighted, seen as X-Ray did say parts support would be low for some time after the release.