R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2006 WinterNats
Thread: 2006 WinterNats
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 10:23 AM
jjmudd
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

And that is your opinion. I have found that when I attended large races; 100 entries or more, I gleened the most knowledge and got the most practice. The top guns were there to help in set-up and offer advice that I otherwise might not learn. Re-sorts stage the feild into driver ability and people of equal caliber get to race together and enjoy watching both the lower and higher mains; the RTR guys aren't running with the Pros

You can try to make your race elitist if you want but it is the regular racer, the guy commited to buying cars, parts, tires and engines, that keep the sport and the hobby alive and I can't think of another sport that the average Joe can not only watch but participate in the same event. Pretty cool I think. And as you say, "People have to have a goal in these event to shoot for.. If not people will not stay with us but leave because of a lack of interest..." I agree totally, the goal is to have fun, do your best, try to win your main and come away smarter and quicker than you were.
John