R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2006 WinterNats
Thread: 2006 WinterNats
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 09:23 AM
rangulo
Tech Master

That is your opinion.. That works for exhibition races where one, two or three drivers attend a race to give demonstrations on how to drive. Your reason for bringing Barry Baker was not to drive with him but to bring more poeple to the race... Your not worried about quality your concerned with quantity(bring a big name driver in the hopes to have a bigger event)... If you had 200 entries and some how you were faced with a dilema of how you can seperate the different levels of drivers because you as event promoter have caos,, you would re-think your postion.. I am not repeating what they do in Italy just to state my opinion I am saying it because it works.. I know that people enjoy racing with the likes of Barry, Todd or Tossolinni..... That does not make for good racing... Were talking about making these events into serious racing on a more pro level.... I am not refering to club races where the RTR come out to play.... If your events are full of newbies the racing against pros becomes bad racing(although it may be fun for the newbies)..... There has to be a formal organizational structure to allow drivers to mature in the knowledge of setup and polish their driving skills.... If not the frustration will set in and some of the drivers after some time quit and find another hobby...........

The Ft Myers event is a serious race with really good participation... This track frustrates drivers because of the difficulty.. Why dont we make the track easier and have 300 entries because more people would like to participate.. People have to have a goal in these event to shoot for.. If not people will not stay with us but leave because of a lack of interest...

Give Pete at PNP a call so he can have anything you need at Winternats!!!!

PNP Hobbies 321-723-7318

Last edited by rangulo; 01-23-2006 at 09:49 AM.