R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2006 TEAM ASSOCIATED SYDNEY GRAND PRIX (NITRO) Feb. 24.25.26
Old 01-23-2006, 04:20 AM
Craig1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Brad I can accept that not everyone wants to attend the Pre-Worlds/QLD Titles. But the line about the date being set mid year for the Sydney GP before the Pre-Worlds was even being thought of is just pure crap.

The dates for the Pre-Worlds were posted here on the 15/02/05 so if Steve had to have his details inked in mid year he had almost six months to arrange a suitable time.

The anouncment of the Pre-World dates (set by IFMAR) caused the S.A Titles to be reset to another date so I don't see why a more suitable time couldn't be found.

I can see the benifit that running a meet for the local guys can bring and that not everyone wants to race the fast guys but I don't see how fragmenting our sport by running major events against each other assists in the growth of it.

As I said I can understand the Racing Lines run events because they are EP/GP but a straight up GP conflicting program is just plain stupid.