R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - INDI 16X5v6 / Eagle CDC 6
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2006, 02:05 AM
rcnewb2004
Tech Master

hey rayman,

I still have my cdc, like it alot. if it wasn't because of the icc, i wouldn't think of even selling it.

Temp cutoff is not adjustable. You can only adjust the voltage peak.
I use the partial mode for storage only.
Boosting, is sorta like re-peaking ur pack. If I charge my pack too early, and have let it sit for more than 30 minutes, i will use the boosting function to give my pack "punch" again.

I personally don't use fuzzy mode alot because I dump my pack. Even if I don't dump, i will batman and then tray my packs, so I will never have extra charge inside the pack.

For me, A good delay discharge time = the elapse time it takes for me to put the battery into the car and to begin the race (so when i cycle i get "better" information about my pack) I use 7 minutes typically.

A good charge time = when the pack is cool after the initial discharge cycle. I normally use 30 minutes.

I enjoy lots of punch, so I charge my gp3300s at 6amps. I use a 3mv/cell cutoff because this charger makes the cells quite hot! (60 degrees celcius), so no matter what I charge, I use the smallest mv/cell to avoid over heating my cells.

AAA nimh, I use 0.3-0.5A to charge them... I want them to last a while, so I try not to over charge...

Nicads I never charge over 5amps.

Hope this helps. These are my personal settings, urs may vary. Many factors need to be included, such as age of cells, brand name, matcher brand name, exterior charging conditions, assembly of cells, so bottom line, is that I can only give u "reasonable" charging numbers. the "best" charging numbers, u will have to experiment and find for yourself!

Good racing