R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hudy Lathe Questions
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2006, 07:17 AM
Jason B
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Hudy Lathe Questions

I'm going to get a Hudy lathe, but I haven't quite decided on which one or where I'm going to get it from.

1. I'm leaning toward the Hudy Advanced Comm Lathe with V-blocks, but I wanted to ask here first about the Hudy Tech Comm Lathe. Is there a big difference in cut-quality between the two? Hudy claims that the Tech eliminates vibration, but they also say that the Advanced is already vibration-free. How pronounced is the difference between the two?

2. This is my first lathe, so I'll be starting off with carbide bits. Can anyone give me the specs for the Hudy bits? For instance, I know Integy uses AL4 1/4" C-2 bits. I'm sure the Hudy would be 1/4" C-2 as well, but I wasn't sure about the bit's orientation. I know I could ask Hudy, but since I was already here asking you fine gentlemen questions, I thought I'd take a shot.

3. Where can I get Hudy products? I know Stormer has them, but they're out of stock on the Advanced. RCAmerica/Hudy.net has them in stock, but they're selling them at the "book" price rather than "street".

Thanks in advance,
Jason B