R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 06:35 PM
EatMySmoke
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by azmio
Smoke,

Good question, many people have been wondering how i maintain balance with my pan car. I did some measurement, the SS ESC is about 40 gram. GP 3700 cell is about 50g if I'm not mistaken. Next, i put my Spektrum ESC on top of my servo. Voila, almost perfect 50% weight to both sides.

5 cells are great because it gives me extra punch and top end speed without sacrificing my handling. it reminds me of Honda when they came up with V10 engine while others are caught in between V8 and V12 engines. Give it a try and you can give nitro cars hard time

By the way, I have transferred my GTB brushless from my 1/10 pan car to 1/12 due to excessive thermal shutdown (i have runned out of space cause it even shutdown with 122/20 gear ratio. havent tried it yet on track and i'm hoping that it wont be raining tomorrow evening. I hope that the power is still controllable or i have to play around with the gear ratio.
Azmio,
Dude still no reply on what ratio should I be starting off.
I'm running a CRC six pack, and motor space is real limited. i could still squeeze up 88/22 i guess but now with 90/21 it's just right without knocking up on my cross bar as i've already shave up one end. had to flip it over.
I've tried 5 cells by having a 6th dummy cell. pointless as you said .. extra 50 grams (in my case 100grams) really eats up the tires faster. 4 cells will do for me .. (my opinion only).
What car are you running?