R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 08:13 PM
beerbarron
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by koabich
Download Barry Baker's carpet setup from the Associated website and then tweak the car from there. It doesn't sound like you are too experienced at setting up a car so start with this set up!

I just reset my car using Barry's setup from Vegas. Basically I gave up looking for one on my own. I was not happy with the feel of the TC4 until tonight. All I can say is wow! That is a great starting point. It is much more responsive than the foam setup included with the kit. I think the feel comes from the soft back with the 2 degree caster. It feels more like my 12L, which I love.

Can anyone who has started or is using this setup tell me how to add steering in the sweeper? I would assume the caster would be the place to start normally. But I really like the responsive steering and slow speed handling now. The only thing I need now is practice and some good stock motors. Oh and I was using the silver front sway bar which I'll disconnect next time to see what happens to my lap times and the feel of the car. I imagine the steering will increase slightly. Laptimes went from 10.7 (Sunday) down to 10.3 in the mains today. TQ was a 9.7-9.6 so I have a lot of room to improve still. Now I actually want to drive the car instead of benching it and racing the 12L.