R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Intellect Battery 3800
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2006, 03:56 PM
nnick
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

-- josh69162: I get the same advice from other people I'll try it next time

-- theisgroup: next time I'll check the temperature too. stop charging when reaching 120F right?. Ambient temperature was VERY low 5-6C I don't think I can reach the 120F

--daniz24 : they are zapped and matched. the packs are their best

--BATT_MAN: ouaou many questions

What is the running time on the batteries and at what rate? I don't have them with me. I gave them to a friend with CFX to cycle and see what numbers they return
What charger are you using and at what settings. Much More CTX: 6Amp 0.05delta peak 45C
Did you cycle your batteries before you raced for the first time? NO
Have you discharged your batteries, and if so what did you do (how long,to what cut off, which discharger) ? I haven't cycled before run them. After run I put them on my Spintec
How long did it take you to solder the battery tabs and did the batteries get extremely hot during this process? I don't think the problem was soldering. time was very short and batteries didn't get extremely hot (I have very good solder iron - finally)
Are there any white deposits on any cells (on the + tab)? haven't noticed. will it be still there?
Do you see any discoloration on the positive side seal. It might look like its wet in some areas and/or deformed. not realy
What motor are you using (winding, timing, brand, etc)? 8x2 lrp (ti based), trinity long life brushes, hard sprind +/-
How many amps is it pulling under no load. haven't checked!!
Are the batteries hotter than the GP3700s right after you finish the race? can't really tell!! ambient temperature was very hot and could understand which was hotter or not. I think GP were! my laser gun is broken
Do you know what the peak charging temperature is? no. I had the temperature probe on my much more battery warming tray
Have you noticed the millivolt differential from PEAK CHARGING voltage to the voltage when the charger stops (the pack will reach a high voltage and then it will star coming down untill the charger shuts off)? as fas I remember it was normal

Isaak, I hope my answers will help you understand what I did and if there is any problem.

Thank you all

Nick